Orange County News
Fullerton Police Department investigates letter with suspicious substance
FULLERTON, Calif. -- Police and a hazmat team are investigating a suspicious letter that was brought in to the Fullerton Police Department.
A citizen found an envelope containing a powdery substance in their mailbox around 12 p.m. Sunday and took it to the department.
Amerige Avenue between Malden Avenue and Highland Avenue was reportedly closed during the investigation.
The scene has since been cleared and no arrests have been made.
There has been no word yet on what was actually in the package.
orange county news
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique