Orange County News
Wedding ring accidentally sold at garage sale, reward offered for return
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. -- A new mom in Laguna Niguel is hoping someone will come forward to return the wedding ring her husband accidentally sold at a neighborhood garage sale.
Racquel Cloutier gave birth to her fifth child just 10 days ago on Friday, May 31. Before leaving for the hospital, she placed her wedding ring in a large wooden jewelry and watch box for safe keeping.
However, she didn't tell her husband about hiding the ring and while she was recuperating in the hospital, her husband put the box out for a garage sale in San Joaquin Hills on Saturday, June 1. The box sold for $10.
Cloutier says whoever bought it may not even know the ring, which is worth $23,000, is in there because she put it under one of the cushions to protect it.
"Honestly, this has so much sentimental value to me you know -- it's my wedding ring," said Cloutier. "So I'm really upset about it."
Cloutier is offering a reward for the return of her wedding ring. She can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the ring can be dropped off at the security gate of the San Joaquin Hills community, located at 27380 Aliso Niguel Road.
orange county news
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers 6 min ago
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos