Orange County News
Wedding ring accidentally sold at garage sale, reward offered for return
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. -- A new mom in Laguna Niguel is hoping someone will come forward to return the wedding ring her husband accidentally sold at a neighborhood garage sale.
Racquel Cloutier gave birth to her fifth child just 10 days ago on Friday, May 31. Before leaving for the hospital, she placed her wedding ring in a large wooden jewelry and watch box for safe keeping.
However, she didn't tell her husband about hiding the ring and while she was recuperating in the hospital, her husband put the box out for a garage sale in San Joaquin Hills on Saturday, June 1. The box sold for $10.
Cloutier says whoever bought it may not even know the ring, which is worth $23,000, is in there because she put it under one of the cushions to protect it.
"Honestly, this has so much sentimental value to me you know -- it's my wedding ring," said Cloutier. "So I'm really upset about it."
Cloutier is offering a reward for the return of her wedding ring. She can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the ring can be dropped off at the security gate of the San Joaquin Hills community, located at 27380 Aliso Niguel Road.
orange county news
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 1 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 42 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case