Orange County News
Los Alamitos Police release sketch of home-invasion robbery suspect
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. -- The Los Alamitos Police Department released a composite sketch of a home-invasion robbery suspect Monday.
A residence on the 3800 block of Howard Avenue was broken into at 2 a.m. Friday, June 7. The suspect broke into a 21-year-old woman's two-story apartment through an open first-floor bathroom window.
The suspect surprised the victim in her living room and struck her with a blunt object. The woman sustained a laceration and may have lost consciousness.
The suspect tied the woman up and gagged her and searched the apartment. The woman was able to free herself and escape the apartment.
The suspect fled with the victim's purse, notebook computer and keys.
The suspect was described as an athletic white man between 30 and 40 years old, wearing a light-colored sweatshirt and a light-colored beanie hat. He stands about 5 feet 7 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 170 pounds. He wore glasses and gloves during the break-in.
Another female resident of the apartment was at home during the incident but was unaware of it. It's believed the suspect did not know she was there.
The victim was treated at Los Alamitos Medical Center and released.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Detective Dan Brandt of the Los Alamitos Detective Bureau at (562) 431-2255, extension 406.
robbery, orange county news
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos