Orange County News
Teen bicyclist hospitalized after Anaheim hit-and-run; driver sought
ORANGE, Calif. -- Authorities are asking for the public's help in finding a driver who they say fled after hitting a teenage cyclist in Anaheim.
The teen is in critical condition at UC Irvine Medical Center Thursday morning and is being treated for severe head injuries. Police say the victim is between 16 and 18-years-old.
The hit-and-run happened just before midnight Wednesday in the 900 block of North Harbor Boulevard near La Palma Avenue.
The driver left the teen badly injured in the street. A Good Samaritan did pullover, however. Angelina Lucero had just finished her shift at Disney's California Adventure Theme Park when she saw the victim lying in the road.
"I saw his white shirt, the boy's white shirt, and it caught my eye, and I slowed down as I came up and I saw him laying on the ground on his stomach. I saw the bike to his side and I could hear him breathing but I know that he wasn't moving," she said.
Lucero called 911 and the teen was rushed to the hospital.
Police are still searching for the hit-and-run driver and have no suspect description at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call Anaheim police at (714) 765-1900.
hit and run, orange county news, darsha philips
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos