Orange County News
Panga boat lands at Crystal Cove, 24 arrested
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. -- Twenty-four people were arrested Thursday morning when a panga boat was spotted near Crystal Cove State Park in Orange County.
Twenty men and four women landed on the beach in a 25-foot-long panga boat, an open-air wooden fishing boat with a single outboard engine. The incident occurred at 4:30 a.m.
Panga boats have been involved in drug runs into California in the past, but authorities say there were no narcotics found Thursday.
All 24 people were taken into custody.
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency was investigating the incident.
orange county news
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno 57 min ago
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash 49 min ago
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room 14 min ago
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times