Orange County News
Anaheim baseball coach charged with sending sex texts to teens
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- An Anaheim high school volunteer baseball coach was charged Thursday with sending sexually explicit text messages to two teen boys.
Anaheim resident Edwin Wikstrom, 53, was charged with two felony counts of distributing pornography to a minor. Wikstrom was held on $100,000 bail and was scheduled to be arraigned Thursday. If convicted, Wikstrom faces a maximum sentence of three years and eight months in state prison, according to the Orange County District Attorney's Office.
Wikstrom, a baseball coach for more than 30 years, is accused of sending sexually explicit text messages on multiple occasions to two boys, 16 and 17, between 2011 and 2013. He met the boys at his volunteer coaching job at Katella High School.
A parent discovered the text messages and reported Wikstrom to the Anaheim Police Department. He was arrested on June 11, 2013.
Wikstrom made a court appearance Thursday. His arraignment was continued until June 28. His bail was lowered to $25,000.
Wikstrom is also involved in coaching East Anaheim Little League and in the city of Lakewood.
Authorities are seeking witnesses and/or further victims.
Anyone with additional information or who believes they have been a victim is encouraged to contact Supervising District Attorney Investigator Paul Carvo at (714) 347-8794 or APD through Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
orange county news
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos