Orange County News
Anaheim baseball coach charged with sending sex texts to teens
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- An Anaheim high school volunteer baseball coach was charged Thursday with sending sexually explicit text messages to two teen boys.
Anaheim resident Edwin Wikstrom, 53, was charged with two felony counts of distributing pornography to a minor. Wikstrom was held on $100,000 bail and was scheduled to be arraigned Thursday. If convicted, Wikstrom faces a maximum sentence of three years and eight months in state prison, according to the Orange County District Attorney's Office.
Wikstrom, a baseball coach for more than 30 years, is accused of sending sexually explicit text messages on multiple occasions to two boys, 16 and 17, between 2011 and 2013. He met the boys at his volunteer coaching job at Katella High School.
A parent discovered the text messages and reported Wikstrom to the Anaheim Police Department. He was arrested on June 11, 2013.
Wikstrom made a court appearance Thursday. His arraignment was continued until June 28. His bail was lowered to $25,000.
Wikstrom is also involved in coaching East Anaheim Little League and in the city of Lakewood.
Authorities are seeking witnesses and/or further victims.
Anyone with additional information or who believes they have been a victim is encouraged to contact Supervising District Attorney Investigator Paul Carvo at (714) 347-8794 or APD through Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
orange county news
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting 5 min ago
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident