Orange County News
Hazmat crews investigating intense Buena Park fire
BUENA PARK, Calif. -- Investigators are trying to figure out what caused an intense fire that brought hazmat crews to Buena Park.
The blaze broke out in an industrial area in the 6700 block of 8th Street at around 11:30 p.m. Sunday. Firefighters responded to the rear of a business and saw heavy smoke and flames from behind the building.
Officials say wood pallets and five 55-gallon drums were burning. Hazmat teams are still trying to figure out what was in the drums.
Crews knocked the fire down in about 15 minutes. No injuries were reported.
Arson investigators were working Monday to pinpoint the origin and determine the cause of the fire, Orange County Fire Authority Battalion Chief Anthony Espinosa said, adding it is possible fireworks could have been involved.
Anyone with any information on the blaze was urged to contact the Orange County Fire Authority at (714) 573-6000.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, orange county news
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies