Orange County News
Huntington Park teacher charged with sexually assaulting relative
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. -- Authorities are looking for more potential victims of a teacher accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old female relative.
Jeffrey Jones of Huntington Beach has been charged with two felony counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and one felony count of continuous sexual abuse. The alleged assaults happened between September 2012 and May of this year.
The crime was first reported to the Huntington Beach Police Department in May. After an investigation, Jones was arrested at his home on June 27.
Jones, 53, has been teaching for at least 27 years, and investigators believe there may be more victims. At the time of the crime, Jones was teaching advanced placement English at Libra Academy in Huntington Park. Jones previously taught at Bell High School in the city of Bell and Gahr High School in Cerritos.
If convicted on all counts, Jones faces a maximum sentence of life in state prison and mandatory lifetime sex offender registration. He is being held on $1 million bail.
Anyone with information is urged to call Huntington Beach Police at (714) 536-5995.
arrest, sexual assault, sex crimes, orange county news
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 3 min ago
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 22 min ago
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week