Orange County News
Marijuana washes ashore in Laguna Beach
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. -- An investigation is under way after more than two pounds of marijuana washed up on the shores of Laguna Beach Wednesday.
Marine Safety Lifeguards at Irvine Cove Beach reported clumps of marijuana coming ashore around 1 p.m.
The clumps settled at the north end of the beach in between the rocks, sand and tide line but were shortly collected by officers.
Investigators believe the marijuana came from a smuggling boat that lost its load or sank.
No other physical evidence was found.
The investigation is ongoing.
drug cartel, orange county news
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation