Orange County News
100+ arrested in Newport Beach on Fourth of July
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- Police in Newport Beach arrested more than 100 people who were partying a little too hard on Fourth of July.
Authorities say 123 people were taken into custody in Newport Beach, and most of the arrests were related to public drinking.
More than 50 others were arrested in Huntington Beach and Hermosa Beach. Hermosa Beach police said there were 141 citations, and most were for having open containers in public areas and for having alcohol on the beach. They responded to 367 calls.
Those who were arrested were jailed until they sobered up. They could face fines.
The Fourth of July holiday draws thousands of people to the beaches every year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, holiday, orange county news
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles 42 min ago
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Parlier students get iPad Airs 32 min ago
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Proposition 30 allows Parlier students to...
33 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of...
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos