Orange County News
100+ arrested in Newport Beach on Fourth of July
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- Police in Newport Beach arrested more than 100 people who were partying a little too hard on Fourth of July.
Authorities say 123 people were taken into custody in Newport Beach, and most of the arrests were related to public drinking.
More than 50 others were arrested in Huntington Beach and Hermosa Beach. Hermosa Beach police said there were 141 citations, and most were for having open containers in public areas and for having alcohol on the beach. They responded to 367 calls.
Those who were arrested were jailed until they sobered up. They could face fines.
The Fourth of July holiday draws thousands of people to the beaches every year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, holiday, orange county news
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking 5 min ago
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back 54 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- River Park Little League ready to play ball
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos