Orange County News
2 injured in marijuana-lab garage explosion in Tustin
TUSTIN, Calif. -- Two people were hospitalized after a garage exploded in Tustin in a drug laboratory mishap.
Orange County firefighters responded to a report of an explosion at a condominium complex at 1722 Mitchell Avenue shortly before noon Friday.
Two people were transported to UCI Medical Center in critical condition. The two men received "considerable, but non-life-threatening injuries," according to Tustin Police.
The Orange County Sheriff's Department confirmed a bomb squad was summoned to assist Tustin Police on scene.
The Orange County Fire Authority said the garage was a possible drug lab location.
Tustin Police said officers discovered what appeared to be a marijuana extraction lab in the garage. Officers found marijuana, several cans of butane gas and miscellaneous paraphernalia associated with a marijuana THC-extraction laboratory, police said.
About 10 to 15 pounds of marijuana were discovered inside the garage.
"It looks like they were trying to concentrate some of the marijuana oils out of the leaf," said Tustin Police Lt. Paul Garaven.
No further injuries were reported. Two other garages were damaged.
explosion, orange county news, eileen frere
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time 54 min ago
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather 9 min ago
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Experts provide tips to keep cars running...
40 min ago
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
58 min ago