Orange County News
Yacht crashes into Balboa Pier, passengers rescued from water
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- A yacht crashed into the Balboa Pier near Balboa Boulevard and A Street in Newport Beach Sunday.
Thirteen people were onboard the boat when it crashed at about 8:15 p.m.
Some of the passengers had to be rescued from 5- to 6-foot surf by firefighters and lifeguards.
No injuries were reported.
The boat is a 55-foot Sea Ray yacht.
The pier was scheduled to be closed Monday for city engineers to assess the damage to the structure.
The cause of the incident was under investigation; visibility and fog may be factors.
It was earlier reported that the Newport Pier was struck.
orange county news
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos