Orange County News
WindSeeker ride leaving Knott's Berry Farm
BUENA PARK, Calif. -- A trouble-prone ride at Knott's Berry Farm is going to be taken down and shipped to an amusement park in Missouri.
The ride, called WindSeeker, stranded people 300 feet in the air twice in 2011.
Knott's Berry Farm officials confirm they plan to take down WindSeeker in January 2014. The ride will then be shipped to Worlds of Fun in Kansas City. The two parks are owned by the same company.
WindSeeker is a 32 two-person-gondola attraction that ascends to a height of 301 feet.
The ride, which opened at Knott's in August 2011, is already shut down.
orange county news
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs 29 min ago
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos