Orange County News
Huntington Beach jogger attacked; search underway for suspect
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. -- Women in Huntington Beach are being warned to be on the lookout for a man who attacked a female jogger last week.
The incident happened Aug. 28 at 6:45 a.m. The victim says she noticed the suspect following her in the area of Huntington Village Lane and Center Avenue, so she started running to her apartment. That's when she says the man pushed her to the ground and tried to sexually assault her.
The suspect ripped her shirt before she was able to escape.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man about 5 feet 10 to 5 feet 11 inches tall, weighing about 140 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light gray T-shirt, dark jeans and black shoes with orange laces.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Huntington Beach Police Department at (714) 536-5995.
sex crimes, sexual assault, orange county news
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors 14 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea 22 min ago
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
15 min ago
- Easy ways to make holiday parties festive
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos