Orange County News
Santa Ana man arrested in murder of woman found in Newport Beach
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- A Santa Ana man was arrested Friday in the murder of a woman found in Newport Beach last Monday.
Jaime Rocha, 40, was arrested by Newport Beach police detectives in connection with the murder of Nancy Hammour, who was found face-down and deceased underneath the Bay Bridge near East Coast Highway and Bayside Drive.
Hammour, 28, was a resident of Santa Ana. Her death was caused by a gunshot wound, according to the county coroner.
Rocha was held on $1 million bail in Orange County Jail after being arrested Friday at 7:40 p.m. He was scheduled for a Sept. 10 court appearance.
The Newport Beach Police Department is asking anyone with additional information to call the Police Department's hotline at (800) 550-NBPD. Messages may be left anonymously.
body found, arrest, homicide investigation, murder, orange county news
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 43 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it 3 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Near drownings on the rise 29 min ago
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free