Orange County News
Santa Ana man arrested in murder of woman found in Newport Beach
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- A Santa Ana man was arrested Friday in the murder of a woman found in Newport Beach last Monday.
Jaime Rocha, 40, was arrested by Newport Beach police detectives in connection with the murder of Nancy Hammour, who was found face-down and deceased underneath the Bay Bridge near East Coast Highway and Bayside Drive.
Hammour, 28, was a resident of Santa Ana. Her death was caused by a gunshot wound, according to the county coroner.
Rocha was held on $1 million bail in Orange County Jail after being arrested Friday at 7:40 p.m. He was scheduled for a Sept. 10 court appearance.
The Newport Beach Police Department is asking anyone with additional information to call the Police Department's hotline at (800) 550-NBPD. Messages may be left anonymously.
body found, arrest, homicide investigation, murder, orange county news
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 49 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt