Orange County News
Santa Ana man arrested in murder of woman found in Newport Beach
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- A Santa Ana man was arrested Friday in the murder of a woman found in Newport Beach last Monday.
Jaime Rocha, 40, was arrested by Newport Beach police detectives in connection with the murder of Nancy Hammour, who was found face-down and deceased underneath the Bay Bridge near East Coast Highway and Bayside Drive.
Hammour, 28, was a resident of Santa Ana. Her death was caused by a gunshot wound, according to the county coroner.
Rocha was held on $1 million bail in Orange County Jail after being arrested Friday at 7:40 p.m. He was scheduled for a Sept. 10 court appearance.
The Newport Beach Police Department is asking anyone with additional information to call the Police Department's hotline at (800) 550-NBPD. Messages may be left anonymously.
body found, arrest, homicide investigation, murder, orange county news
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley 34 min ago
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors 40 min ago
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Wood burning contributing to bad air quality
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos