Orange County News
Westminster jewelry store owner shoots at robbery suspect
WESTMINSTER, Calif. -- An attempted-robbery suspect fled a Westminster jewelry store as the owner fired a gun at him Friday.
Police say a man asked to see an expensive watch at the Tick Tock watch and jewelry store, then tried to run out of the store with the watch.
The owner gave chase and fired several rounds at the man's vehicle.
The suspect, believed to be armed, was able to get away.
The same owner last year shot and injured a man during a takeover-style robbery.
Westminster Police said Friday's suspect was described about 25 to 30 years old who is 5-foot-10 to 6 feet tall with a thin build, brown hair and was wearing a red polo-type shirt and black-rimmed glasses. He fled in a dark-colored car.
robbery, shooting, orange county news
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 14 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos