Orange County News
Westminster jewelry store owner shoots at robbery suspect
WESTMINSTER, Calif. -- An attempted-robbery suspect fled a Westminster jewelry store as the owner fired a gun at him Friday.
Police say a man asked to see an expensive watch at the Tick Tock watch and jewelry store, then tried to run out of the store with the watch.
The owner gave chase and fired several rounds at the man's vehicle.
The suspect, believed to be armed, was able to get away.
The same owner last year shot and injured a man during a takeover-style robbery.
Westminster Police said Friday's suspect was described about 25 to 30 years old who is 5-foot-10 to 6 feet tall with a thin build, brown hair and was wearing a red polo-type shirt and black-rimmed glasses. He fled in a dark-colored car.
robbery, shooting, orange county news
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back 4 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer 11 min ago
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant 46 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos