Orange County News
San Clemente crash involving semi injures 9 on Interstate 5
SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. -- Nine people were injured when a semi-truck collided with several vehicles on Interstate 5 in San Clemente Thursday.
Authorities say a semi-truck traveling northbound skidded across lanes and crashed through the center divider into southbound lanes at Camino de Estrella at about 1 p.m. At least six cars were hit.
Eight people, including a 1-year-old and a 3-year-old, were rushed to area hospitals with moderate injuries. One other person was hospitalized with minor injuries.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the accident scene spread out over 300 feet. The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Southbound lanes were shut down due to the crash, backing up traffic for miles. All lanes have since reopened.
accident, orange county news
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake 4 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
33 min ago