Orange County News
Car slams into Santa Ana mall wall; driver taken into custody
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- A man was taken into custody, suspected of driving under the influence after crashing his car into a Santa Ana mall on Main Street.
Police say the driver ran a stop sign and plowed into a wall of the Westfield MainPlace Mall.
The crash occurred shortly before 2 a.m. Friday.
Firefighters had to rescue the man who was trapped inside his car. He was taken to a hospital to be checked out and is expected to be OK.
No one else was injured in the incident.
car crash, dui, orange county news
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy