Orange County News
Seal Beach Massage Envy target of possible hate crime
SEAL BEACH, Calif. -- Authorities are investigating a possible hate crime in Seal Beach.
Employees at Massage Envy, located on the 12300 block of Seal Beach Boulevard, on Sunday found a broken window and graffiti, including a swastika and the words "happy ending."
The damage is estimated at about $1,500. Nothing was stolen.
An employee Halloween party was held at the business Saturday night, which ended at 10 p.m. The crime happened sometime after.
Authorities say at this time the incident does not meet the California Penal Code requirements of a "hate crime" because the victims are "not associated with any actual or perceived characteristics listed in the crime."
Anyone with information about the incident was asked to contact Seal Beach police at (562) 799-4100.
orange county news
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms