Orange County News
Seal Beach Massage Envy target of possible hate crime
SEAL BEACH, Calif. -- Authorities are investigating a possible hate crime in Seal Beach.
Employees at Massage Envy, located on the 12300 block of Seal Beach Boulevard, on Sunday found a broken window and graffiti, including a swastika and the words "happy ending."
The damage is estimated at about $1,500. Nothing was stolen.
An employee Halloween party was held at the business Saturday night, which ended at 10 p.m. The crime happened sometime after.
Authorities say at this time the incident does not meet the California Penal Code requirements of a "hate crime" because the victims are "not associated with any actual or perceived characteristics listed in the crime."
Anyone with information about the incident was asked to contact Seal Beach police at (562) 799-4100.
orange county news
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies