Orange County News
Seal Beach Massage Envy target of possible hate crime
SEAL BEACH, Calif. -- Authorities are investigating a possible hate crime in Seal Beach.
Employees at Massage Envy, located on the 12300 block of Seal Beach Boulevard, on Sunday found a broken window and graffiti, including a swastika and the words "happy ending."
The damage is estimated at about $1,500. Nothing was stolen.
An employee Halloween party was held at the business Saturday night, which ended at 10 p.m. The crime happened sometime after.
Authorities say at this time the incident does not meet the California Penal Code requirements of a "hate crime" because the victims are "not associated with any actual or perceived characteristics listed in the crime."
Anyone with information about the incident was asked to contact Seal Beach police at (562) 799-4100.
orange county news
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt 47 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo