Orange County News
Dog barking wakes Santa Ana family to house fire
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- A dog may have saved a sleeping Santa Ana family from a house fire Tuesday morning, waking them with loud barking around 2 a.m.
The family then noticed the small fire that was contained to one room.
They ran out but quickly realized the dog was still inside. The husband ran back in and rescued the dog.
The man also grabbed a sprinkler, threw it in the house and turned on the water.
Firefighters knocked down the fire in a short amount of time.
Investigators are looking into a cause, and say it appears the smoke detector was not working.
animal news, fire, orange county news
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels