Orange County News
Fullerton pursuit suspect dies after crashing into house
FULLERTON, Calif. -- A suspect was killed at the end of a police pursuit in Fullerton Wednesday after crashing into a tree, a parked car and a house.
The incident occurred at the intersection of Amerige and Roosevelt avenues around 2 a.m.
Fullerton police responded to a call from a taxi driver who reported that he had been assaulted following a fare dispute in the downtown Fullerton area.
The suspect reportedly refused to pay his taxi fare and punched the taxi driver several times before fleeing in a silver vehicle.
Authorities said the taxi driver immediately called police with a description of the car.
Responding officers located the suspect and a short pursuit ensued. The suspect fled from police, traveling westbound on Amerige Avenue at a high rate of speed.
The suspect lost control at the T-intersection of Amerige and Roosevelt avenues and collided into a parked car and a palm tree before barrelling into a house.
The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. He has not been identified pending notification of kin.
No one in the home was injured and the home sustained only minor damage.
Investigators say alcohol may have been a factor.
The investigation is ongoing.
car crash, car chase, pursuit, orange county news, christina salvo
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 5 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'