Orange County News
Baby born on side of 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- A baby was born early Wednesday morning in an unusual place - the side of the 5 Freeway!
It happened around 12:40 a.m. on the southbound freeway shoulder near the SR-22 connector in Santa Ana. The woman's husband was rushing her to the hospital when she just couldn't hold off any longer.
A veteran California Highway Patrol officer responded to the call. By the time he arrived, the bundle of joy had already been born and was sitting on mom's lap.
The officer called this a first for him in his 17 years on the job.
Both mom and baby were taken to the hospital and are said to be doing just fine.
City News Service contributed to this report.
orange county news
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting 30 min ago
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers 21 min ago
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting 4 min ago
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Easter Brunch recipe
- Accuweather Forecast
43 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos