Orange County News
Baby born on side of 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- A baby was born early Wednesday morning in an unusual place - the side of the 5 Freeway!
It happened around 12:40 a.m. on the southbound freeway shoulder near the SR-22 connector in Santa Ana. The woman's husband was rushing her to the hospital when she just couldn't hold off any longer.
A veteran California Highway Patrol officer responded to the call. By the time he arrived, the bundle of joy had already been born and was sitting on mom's lap.
The officer called this a first for him in his 17 years on the job.
Both mom and baby were taken to the hospital and are said to be doing just fine.
City News Service contributed to this report.
orange county news
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting 23 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network