Orange County News
Baby born on side of 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- A baby was born early Wednesday morning in an unusual place - the side of the 5 Freeway!
It happened around 12:40 a.m. on the southbound freeway shoulder near the SR-22 connector in Santa Ana. The woman's husband was rushing her to the hospital when she just couldn't hold off any longer.
A veteran California Highway Patrol officer responded to the call. By the time he arrived, the bundle of joy had already been born and was sitting on mom's lap.
The officer called this a first for him in his 17 years on the job.
Both mom and baby were taken to the hospital and are said to be doing just fine.
City News Service contributed to this report.
orange county news
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 32 min ago
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 28 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88