Orange County News
Woman, young child found injured on Santa Ana street
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- Police are investigating the mysterious death of a woman found on a street in Santa Ana Thursday with a young child next to her.
Police responded to the intersection of Edinger Avenue and Raitt Street following reports of a woman down around 8 p.m.
The woman was found suffering from severe head injuries when she was discovered.
She had a girl believed to be around one or two years old with her. She was found with minor bumps and bruises.
Both were taken to a local hospital where the woman shortly succumbed to her injuries.
Police believe the woman was either pushed or jumped off a vehicle with the child in her arms.
A dark-colored pickup was seen leaving the scene.
The investigation was ongoing. Anyone with information regarding the incident was urged to contact Santa Ana police at (714) 245-8665.
orange county news
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested 50 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 44 min ago
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos