Orange County News
Woman, young child found injured on Santa Ana street
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- Police are investigating the mysterious death of a woman found on a street in Santa Ana Thursday with a young child next to her.
Police responded to the intersection of Edinger Avenue and Raitt Street following reports of a woman down around 8 p.m.
The woman was found suffering from severe head injuries when she was discovered.
She had a girl believed to be around one or two years old with her. She was found with minor bumps and bruises.
Both were taken to a local hospital where the woman shortly succumbed to her injuries.
Police believe the woman was either pushed or jumped off a vehicle with the child in her arms.
A dark-colored pickup was seen leaving the scene.
The investigation was ongoing. Anyone with information regarding the incident was urged to contact Santa Ana police at (714) 245-8665.
orange county news
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit 39 min ago
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly