Orange County News
Man arrested in connection w/ girlfriend's death
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- A 21-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of felony hit and run in connection with the death of his girlfriend in Santa Ana.
The woman was found badly injured, lying next to her 13-month-old daughter on the intersection of Edinger Avenue and Raitt Street Thursday.
The victim, identified as 21-year-old Gloria Sanchez, later died from her injuries.
Fransico Montano turned himself in Friday, but has not been cooperative. The suspect's black Toyota Rav4 was seen leaving the scene of the crime.
The couple's child was found scratched up and has since been placed under the care of Orange County Social Services.
Police believe the woman was either pushed or jumped off a vehicle with the child in her arms.
Montano is being held on $200,000 bail. Officials believe he may be a flight risk.
Anyone with information in this case was urged to contact Santa Ana police at (714) 245-8665.
arrest, hit and run, orange county news
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- 10 more bodies found inside South Korean ferry 12 min ago
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession 50 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban 25 min ago
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC 33 min ago
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos