Orange County News
Man arrested in connection w/ girlfriend's death
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- A 21-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of felony hit and run in connection with the death of his girlfriend in Santa Ana.
The woman was found badly injured, lying next to her 13-month-old daughter on the intersection of Edinger Avenue and Raitt Street Thursday.
The victim, identified as 21-year-old Gloria Sanchez, later died from her injuries.
Fransico Montano turned himself in Friday, but has not been cooperative. The suspect's black Toyota Rav4 was seen leaving the scene of the crime.
The couple's child was found scratched up and has since been placed under the care of Orange County Social Services.
Police believe the woman was either pushed or jumped off a vehicle with the child in her arms.
Montano is being held on $200,000 bail. Officials believe he may be a flight risk.
Anyone with information in this case was urged to contact Santa Ana police at (714) 245-8665.
arrest, hit and run, orange county news
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 43 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Accuweather Forecast
57 min ago