Orange County News
Father arrested for punching infant daughter's head
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- Santa Ana Police arrested a man for the attempted murder of his infant daughter on Sunday.
Andres Tafoya, 30, was watching his 2-month-old daughter on the morning of November 1 while the child's mother was at work.
Tafoya is believed to have punched the baby multiple times to the head, causing injury, police said.
Tafoya assisted in transporting the baby to a hospital, where she was admitted in critical condition with head and skull injuries. Tafoya left the hospital before officers arrived, police said.
Police located Tafoya on Sunday and arrested him on charges of attempted homicide and causing willful harm/injury to a child. Tafoya was held at the Santa Ana Jail.
arrest, orange county news
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno