San Francisco News
Man in naked BART attack facing deportation
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are looking for witnesses and BART is taking new action after a naked man terrorized riders at the 16th Street Mission station last month.
Yeiner Garizabalo, 24, was arrested and released after the initial incident, but he is now being monitored by Immigration and Customs Enforcement as he awaits deportation proceedings.
BART police are still waiting for a judge to sign a felony arrest warrant. They would like to see Garizabalo charged with battery, sexual assault and false imprisonment. Video (WARNING: Graphic/NSFW) taken by a BART station agent shows Garizabalo, naked, performing acrobatics and chasing people through the16th Street Mission station on May 10.
BART investigators are still looking for additional witnesses and trying to identify victims.
BART will soon be getting hundreds of new real-time surveillance cameras for stations and trains.
If you have information about the May 10 incident, BART detectives ask you to call 510-464-7040.
mission district, BART, transportation, crime, violence, san francisco news, heather ishimaru
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 18 min ago
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery 54 min ago
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 28 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies