San Francisco News
Man in naked BART attack facing deportation
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are looking for witnesses and BART is taking new action after a naked man terrorized riders at the 16th Street Mission station last month.
Yeiner Garizabalo, 24, was arrested and released after the initial incident, but he is now being monitored by Immigration and Customs Enforcement as he awaits deportation proceedings.
BART police are still waiting for a judge to sign a felony arrest warrant. They would like to see Garizabalo charged with battery, sexual assault and false imprisonment. Video (WARNING: Graphic/NSFW) taken by a BART station agent shows Garizabalo, naked, performing acrobatics and chasing people through the16th Street Mission station on May 10.
BART investigators are still looking for additional witnesses and trying to identify victims.
BART will soon be getting hundreds of new real-time surveillance cameras for stations and trains.
If you have information about the May 10 incident, BART detectives ask you to call 510-464-7040.
mission district, BART, transportation, crime, violence, san francisco news, heather ishimaru
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers 56 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water...
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos