San Francisco News
Man in naked BART attack facing deportation
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are looking for witnesses and BART is taking new action after a naked man terrorized riders at the 16th Street Mission station last month.
Yeiner Garizabalo, 24, was arrested and released after the initial incident, but he is now being monitored by Immigration and Customs Enforcement as he awaits deportation proceedings.
BART police are still waiting for a judge to sign a felony arrest warrant. They would like to see Garizabalo charged with battery, sexual assault and false imprisonment. Video (WARNING: Graphic/NSFW) taken by a BART station agent shows Garizabalo, naked, performing acrobatics and chasing people through the16th Street Mission station on May 10.
BART investigators are still looking for additional witnesses and trying to identify victims.
BART will soon be getting hundreds of new real-time surveillance cameras for stations and trains.
If you have information about the May 10 incident, BART detectives ask you to call 510-464-7040.
mission district, BART, transportation, crime, violence, san francisco news, heather ishimaru
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms 26 min ago
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small...
32 min ago
- Fire Safety