San Francisco News
Charges filed against man in naked BART attack
SAN FRANCISCO -- The man suspected of being the nude man caught on film harassing passengers and employees at a San Francisco BART station last month was arrested today, according to a San Francisco District Attorney's Office spokesman.
Yeiner Perez, 24, was arrested in San Francisco and charged with two counts of false imprisonment, four counts of battery and one count of sexual battery, spokesman Alex Bastian said.
He is being held on $100,000 bail, Bastian said.
Perez, who is an acrobat, is scheduled to be arraigned at the San Francisco Hall of Justice Tuesday afternoon.
The charges stem from a May 10 incident at the 16th Street BART station where video showed a fully exposed man doing flips and handstands on fare gates.
He allegedly was harassing people, including kicking and pushing a BART employee and grabbing an elderly customer, injuring her lower back.
He was then taken to San Francisco General Hospital for observation. Upon his release, he was arrested but released a short time later without charges.
Following Perez's release, BART police forwarded the case to the district attorney's office and investigators from that office with the help of immigration officials arrested Perez today and filed charges against him, Bastian said.
mission district, BART, transportation, crime, violence, san francisco news
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers 37 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- FUSD students improve nationally but still...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos