South Bay News
Fire at technology company in Sunnyvale investigated
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Investigators are looking into the cause of a fire that damaged a technology company in the South Bay.
Flames tore through the Kortek Technology Integration building on Sobrante Way and Central Expressway in Sunnyvale.
Firefighters had to cut their way into offices and break down doors to gain entry. It took over an hour to put the fire out.
Several offices were damaged. The thick black smoke could be seen for miles.
"It was a considerable fire," said Battalion Chief Jeffrey Plecque. "One of the things that made this more significant was that the fire did vent through the roof of the building, and that lets the flame and the smoke to exit out the top of the building."
Fire crews say the business was closed at the time and no one was inside.
sunnyvale, fire, south bay news
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 2 min ago
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'