South Bay News
Fire at technology company in Sunnyvale investigated
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Investigators are looking into the cause of a fire that damaged a technology company in the South Bay.
Flames tore through the Kortek Technology Integration building on Sobrante Way and Central Expressway in Sunnyvale.
Firefighters had to cut their way into offices and break down doors to gain entry. It took over an hour to put the fire out.
Several offices were damaged. The thick black smoke could be seen for miles.
"It was a considerable fire," said Battalion Chief Jeffrey Plecque. "One of the things that made this more significant was that the fire did vent through the roof of the building, and that lets the flame and the smoke to exit out the top of the building."
Fire crews say the business was closed at the time and no one was inside.
sunnyvale, fire, south bay news
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos