South Bay News
Fire at technology company in Sunnyvale investigated
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Investigators are looking into the cause of a fire that damaged a technology company in the South Bay.
Flames tore through the Kortek Technology Integration building on Sobrante Way and Central Expressway in Sunnyvale.
Firefighters had to cut their way into offices and break down doors to gain entry. It took over an hour to put the fire out.
Several offices were damaged. The thick black smoke could be seen for miles.
"It was a considerable fire," said Battalion Chief Jeffrey Plecque. "One of the things that made this more significant was that the fire did vent through the roof of the building, and that lets the flame and the smoke to exit out the top of the building."
Fire crews say the business was closed at the time and no one was inside.
sunnyvale, fire, south bay news
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals