Troops deployed to Iraq
ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- More than 300 California soldiers are being deployed to Iraq, but not without a proper send-off. The soldiers were honored at this ceremony in Orange County on Friday.
They'll be in Iraq for a year helping with logistics and security. For some it will be their first time in Iraq, but for many others it will be a return trip.
The soldiers are part of the 224th sustainment brigade of the army national guard. They're scheduled to be on a plane to Iraq on Monday.
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy