Troops deployed to Iraq
ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- More than 300 California soldiers are being deployed to Iraq, but not without a proper send-off. The soldiers were honored at this ceremony in Orange County on Friday.
They'll be in Iraq for a year helping with logistics and security. For some it will be their first time in Iraq, but for many others it will be a return trip.
The soldiers are part of the 224th sustainment brigade of the army national guard. They're scheduled to be on a plane to Iraq on Monday.
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe 25 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east 18 min ago
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite