Former home of Dallas Cowboys imploded
IRVING, TX (KFSN) -- The old home of the Dallas Cowboys is now nothing but a memory.
With the push of a button just after 7 a.m. local time on Sunday, Texas Stadium in Irving came crumbling down.
The Cowboys moved into a brand new stadium last year in Arlington, paving the way for the demolition of the old one.
It took more than a ton of dynamite to pull off Sunday morning's explosion, and now cleanup crews will be working until July to clear the site.
dallas cowboys, national/world
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions