Compare the Gulf oil spill to your city
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- A website developer put together an application that really puts the oil spill in perspective.
As of Thursday, it covered 25-hundred square miles of ocean surface. If that spill were to happen in Fresno -- It would cover most of the county, into Madera and the Sierra.
There would be nothing left of San Francisco and much of the Bay Area.
oil spill, national/world
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 33 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence 16 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos