American man suspected of carrying weapons at Pakistan Airport
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Pakistani official says an American man suspected of carrying weapons cartridges in his luggage has been detained at one of the country's main airports.
An airport security official says authorities are questioning the man.
He did not say whether the cartridges were empty or full or how many were found at the airport in Lahore, Pakistan Thursday morning.
It's also unclear whether the man was entering Pakistan or leaving the country.
The U.S. embassy says it is checking into the case.
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos