Holder denying Justice Dept. lured Muslims to terrorism
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Attorney General Eric Holder is denying claims the Justice Department has lured Muslims into terrorism.
Holder spoke to a Muslim advocacy group in the bay area Friday night. He told the crowd he's heard from many Muslim and Arab Americans who feel uneasy and singled out by law enforcement.
The attorney general stressed that the federal government is committed to prosecuting hate crimes and protecting their civil rights.
But he stood by the methods used in recent anti-terrorism cases including the arrest of a Somali born Muslim accused of plotting to set off a car bomb in Oregon.
eric h. holder, jr., national/world
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case