Holder denying Justice Dept. lured Muslims to terrorism
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Attorney General Eric Holder is denying claims the Justice Department has lured Muslims into terrorism.
Holder spoke to a Muslim advocacy group in the bay area Friday night. He told the crowd he's heard from many Muslim and Arab Americans who feel uneasy and singled out by law enforcement.
The attorney general stressed that the federal government is committed to prosecuting hate crimes and protecting their civil rights.
But he stood by the methods used in recent anti-terrorism cases including the arrest of a Somali born Muslim accused of plotting to set off a car bomb in Oregon.
eric h. holder, jr., national/world
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather