Holder denying Justice Dept. lured Muslims to terrorism
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Attorney General Eric Holder is denying claims the Justice Department has lured Muslims into terrorism.
Holder spoke to a Muslim advocacy group in the bay area Friday night. He told the crowd he's heard from many Muslim and Arab Americans who feel uneasy and singled out by law enforcement.
The attorney general stressed that the federal government is committed to prosecuting hate crimes and protecting their civil rights.
But he stood by the methods used in recent anti-terrorism cases including the arrest of a Somali born Muslim accused of plotting to set off a car bomb in Oregon.
eric h. holder, jr., national/world
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years