Holder denying Justice Dept. lured Muslims to terrorism
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Attorney General Eric Holder is denying claims the Justice Department has lured Muslims into terrorism.
Holder spoke to a Muslim advocacy group in the bay area Friday night. He told the crowd he's heard from many Muslim and Arab Americans who feel uneasy and singled out by law enforcement.
The attorney general stressed that the federal government is committed to prosecuting hate crimes and protecting their civil rights.
But he stood by the methods used in recent anti-terrorism cases including the arrest of a Somali born Muslim accused of plotting to set off a car bomb in Oregon.
eric h. holder, jr., national/world
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn 1 min ago
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender 53 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- California farmers to get more water
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Photos: Pictures show killer spared at the gallows
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Hanford man arrested in child porn,...
7 min ago