Man kills bride, best man, self at wedding party
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Brazilian authorities say a bridegroom fatally shot his new wife, his best man and then himself after announcing to horrified guests that he had a "surprise" for them.
Police investigator Joao Brito says witnesses told officers that 29-year-old sales manager Rogerio Damascena did not give any previous indication that anything was wrong at his wedding reception.
Brito said Monday that it is likely the slayings were premeditated because of the groom's announcement and because he had hidden a gun in his father's pickup truck.
Twenty-five-year-old bride Renata Alexandre Costa Coelho and best man Marcelo Guimaraes were both killed in Saturday's murder-suicide.
A brother of the bride was treated at a hospital and released.
brazil, shooting, national/world
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man in street struck, killed by car 2 min ago
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box 51 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 30 min ago