New glimpse into mental state of accused Tucson shooter
A video Jared Loughner allegedly made at his community college has surfaced online.
"We are examining the torture of students... students who have been tortured. They're low income pay in two wars war we're in right now is currently illegal under the constitution," Laughner said.
The video appears to have been shot by Loughner at the Pima Community College campus and was uploaded to YouTube on September 23.
Campus police officers discovered the video online about a week later, and it's listed in police records as one of the reasons he was suspended.
You don't see Loughner in the video, except a brief reflection of his face in a window. But he narrates the whole thing.
The 22-year-old is facing federal charges in the attack that killed six people and injured 13 others, including Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.
The congresswoman remains in critical condition, but doctors say she's continuing to make progress... And they may remove her breathing tube today.
She's one of four victims from the massacre still hospitalized.
A private memorial will be held for Gabe Zimmerman, an aide to the congresswoman.
Meanwhile, the Tucson supermarket that was the site of last Saturday's shooting is expected to re-open.
A Safeway official says the store has been completely repaired and a wreath will be placed on the property to honor the victims.
A group of about 20 Safeway employees gathered at a memorial outside the store.
arizona, shooting, national/world
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'