Atlantic Southeast Flight hits flock of cranes
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Just a few hours before the incident in Arizona, another flight from Atlanta to Arkansas made an emergency landing after hitting a flock of cranes.
The Atlantic Southeast Airlines flight landed safely at Little Rock National Airport Friday. But it had significant damage to the nose.
Passengers reported feeling like they had flown into a brick wall.
At least one bird was sucked into the engine. Another bird was still stuck to the front of the plane after landing.
None of 49 people onboard were hurt.
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts 6 min ago
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on