Mother outsmarts home invasion suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A frantic call for help from a mother - huddled in a closet with her son.
Caller: "He's in the house."
Dispatcher: "Ok, if you can't answer I understand. That's fine."
Caller: "What do you want? What do you want? Tell me what you want! I'll give you whatever you want!
Suspect: "You know what I want!"
A terrifying moment for a mother in Colorado, as she pleads with a burglar who just broke into her home. The entire exchange - captured on 9-1-1 tapes.
That mom barricaded herself in a closet on the second floor, with her teenage son huddling nearby. With the 9-1-1 dispatcher on the line, she distracted the would-be thief long enough for police to arrive.
Woman: "Ok, I'll give you money. How much do you want?"
Man: "All of it."
Woman: "Do you want jewelry?"
Man: "Yeah." Woman: "You want TVs? I'll give them all to you."
Police: "Don't you (expletive) move! Get off your (expletive) phone!"
Dispatcher: "Ma'am, I have a lot of officers in there. You're safe right now."
Police arrested the suspect as he was trying to steal a TV from the house. The entire ordeal lasted just seven minutes.
crimetracker, home invasion, caught on tape, national/world
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation 52 min ago
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos