Dog dies from cage dryer at PETCO, lawsuit filed
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- A lawsuit has been filed against PETCO, after a dog grooming accident that killed a woman's beloved pet.
Teresa Gilland took her Lhasa Apso "Sadie" to be groomed at a PETCO in Fair Oaks in 2008. She says Sadie was placed in a cage drier -- an enclosed kennel used to dry off dogs after a bath. Sadie became ill while in the dryer. When Teresa rushed her to a vet, it was too late to save her.
The vet report shows the dog had internal burn injuries and bleeding caused by heat. Now, Teresa is suing the company and demanding that cage driers be banned from all grooming salons.
"It's nothing you can see, it's not out there for the public to see," said Gilland. "It's an enclosed kennel and they blow hot air in there.
PETCO issued a response to Teresa's claims, saying the company is very sad for the loss of the dog.
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60 24 min ago
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres 24 min ago
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos