Dog dies from cage dryer at PETCO, lawsuit filed
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- A lawsuit has been filed against PETCO, after a dog grooming accident that killed a woman's beloved pet.
Teresa Gilland took her Lhasa Apso "Sadie" to be groomed at a PETCO in Fair Oaks in 2008. She says Sadie was placed in a cage drier -- an enclosed kennel used to dry off dogs after a bath. Sadie became ill while in the dryer. When Teresa rushed her to a vet, it was too late to save her.
The vet report shows the dog had internal burn injuries and bleeding caused by heat. Now, Teresa is suing the company and demanding that cage driers be banned from all grooming salons.
"It's nothing you can see, it's not out there for the public to see," said Gilland. "It's an enclosed kennel and they blow hot air in there.
PETCO issued a response to Teresa's claims, saying the company is very sad for the loss of the dog.
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos