Terrifying Texas gas station crash caught on camera
Thursday, August 18, 2011
STAFFORD, TX -- Two men are lucky to be alive after nearly getting hit by an SUV that flipped into a car at a Stafford-area gas station.
The accident happened around 9pm Tuesday at a gas station in the 12000 block of the Southwest Freeway.Surveillance footage sent to ABC13 via iWitness Reports shows two men walking from the convenience store back to their parked van before they suddenly start running. Moments later, an SUV tumbles into gas station parking lot and nearly hits them. The SUV rolled twice before coming to an upright position and crashing into another SUV parked at one of the gas pumps. The supervisor at the gas station tells Eyewitness News that the driver of the SUV lost control while trying to make a U-turn on the feeder road of Highway 59, but clipped the sidewalk. The supervisor said neither of the men seen running out of the SUV's way were harmed, but he wasn't sure if the driver was injured.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
caught on tape, accident, national/world
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos