Magnitude-7.2 quake shakes Fiji
NEW YORK -- A magnitude-7.2 earthquake rattled Fiji in the Pacific Ocean on Friday morning, the U.S. Geological Survey reported. No tsunami warning was issued, and no damage or casualties were immediately reported.
The 7:30 a.m. (1930 GMT Thursday) quake was deep, some 368.5 miles (593 kilometers) below the surface, the USGS said.
The USGS said the quake hit some 264 miles (425 kilometers) west of Nuku'alofa, Tonga, and 281 miles (453 kilometers) southeast of Suva, Fiji.
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- The skinny on fitness video games
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- La Tapatia fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos