Man busted with $2 million in pot jailed in NJ
JERSEY CITY, N.J. - April 14, 2012 -- A Florida man who had 600 pounds of marijuana in a tractor-trailer he was driving in New Jersey has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.
Gordon Peters must serve 10 years of his term before becoming eligible for parole. The 44-year-old Miramar resident was convicted in February of possessing marijuana with the intent to distribute in a quantity of more than 25 pounds.
Peters was arrested in January 2010 after Bayonne police stopped to investigate an open truck. After detecting a strong odor of marijuana, officers found Peters inside the truck with one of the 32 marijuana bundles found inside the vehicle.
The marijuana was valued at $2 million.
Peters maintained his innocence when he was sentenced Friday, claiming he didn't know the drugs were in the truck;
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge 13 min ago
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- Accuweather Forecast
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos