Tropical Storm Debby makes landfall on Fla. coast
ST. GEORGE ISLAND, Fla. -- Tropical Storm Debby has made landfall on the northwest coast of Florida.
The National Hurricane Center said Tuesday afternoon that Debby made landfall near Steinhatchee with top winds of 40 mph.
Debby is expected to weaken to a tropical depression Tuesday night.
Debby has drenched Florida for four straight days and forecasters warn that even though the storm is weakening, the threat of flooding remains.
The deluge has spoiled vacations for many visitors.
florida, storm, national/world
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos