Tropical Storm Debby makes landfall on Fla. coast
ST. GEORGE ISLAND, Fla. -- Tropical Storm Debby has made landfall on the northwest coast of Florida.
The National Hurricane Center said Tuesday afternoon that Debby made landfall near Steinhatchee with top winds of 40 mph.
Debby is expected to weaken to a tropical depression Tuesday night.
Debby has drenched Florida for four straight days and forecasters warn that even though the storm is weakening, the threat of flooding remains.
The deluge has spoiled vacations for many visitors.
florida, storm, national/world
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- The skinny on fitness video games
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- La Tapatia fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos