Tropical Storm Debby makes landfall on Fla. coast
ST. GEORGE ISLAND, Fla. -- Tropical Storm Debby has made landfall on the northwest coast of Florida.
The National Hurricane Center said Tuesday afternoon that Debby made landfall near Steinhatchee with top winds of 40 mph.
Debby is expected to weaken to a tropical depression Tuesday night.
Debby has drenched Florida for four straight days and forecasters warn that even though the storm is weakening, the threat of flooding remains.
The deluge has spoiled vacations for many visitors.
florida, storm, national/world
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves