Colo. suspect in doctoral program, not med school
AURORA, Colo. -- The suspect in a mass shooting at a Colorado movie theater was in a doctoral program but was not in medical school.
Spokeswoman Jacque Montgomery says 24-year-old James Holmes was studying neuroscience in a Ph.D. program at the University of Colorado-Denver graduate school. University officials earlier said he was a student at the university's medical school.
Montgomery says Holmes enrolled in the program in June 2011 and was in the process of withdrawing.
Authorities say Holmes fired into a crowded movie theater in the Denver suburb of Aurora while wearing a gas mask.
Holmes graduated from high school in the San Diego area. He's in police custody, and the FBI says there is no indication the attack is tied to any terrorist groups.
colorado, shooting, movies, national/world
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting 45 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified 24 min ago
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant 4 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 32 min ago
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos