Police evacuate homes in area north of Sikh temple
CUDAHY, Wis. -- Police in Wisconsin have evacuated homes in a Milwaukee suburb northeast of the Sikh temple where an unknown gunman killed six Sunday morning.
The evacuations are in Cudahy, which is about six miles from the temple in Oak Creek.
Police have roped off four blocks in a neighborhood with a mix of duplexes and single-family homes, as well as one house.
FBI agents are there with an armored truck, a trailer and other vehicles. Other law enforcement officers are there too, along with a police dog.
Fifty-eight-year-old Ken Kacner lives about a block from the house that police have targeted.
Kacner says neighborhood has changed over the years and has become more dangerous.
wisconsin, shooting, national/world
- Malaysian official: Investigators conclude jet hijacked 3 min ago
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon 42 min ago
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt