Police evacuate homes in area north of Sikh temple
CUDAHY, Wis. -- Police in Wisconsin have evacuated homes in a Milwaukee suburb northeast of the Sikh temple where an unknown gunman killed six Sunday morning.
The evacuations are in Cudahy, which is about six miles from the temple in Oak Creek.
Police have roped off four blocks in a neighborhood with a mix of duplexes and single-family homes, as well as one house.
FBI agents are there with an armored truck, a trailer and other vehicles. Other law enforcement officers are there too, along with a police dog.
Fifty-eight-year-old Ken Kacner lives about a block from the house that police have targeted.
Kacner says neighborhood has changed over the years and has become more dangerous.
wisconsin, shooting, national/world
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- The skinny on fitness video games
- The final push for California's 16th Senate seat
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- La Tapatia fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent...
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos