Colleagues mourn officer killed in Obama motorcade
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Fellow officers are paying their respects to a Florida police officer who was killed in an accident while working on President Barack Obama's motorcade.
A police cruiser was wrapped in bunting and colleagues created makeshift memorials Monday for Jupiter Police Officer Bruce St. Laurent.
He was killed Sunday when his motorcycle was struck from behind by a pickup truck while he was shutting down Interstate 95 ahead of the motorcade.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office identified the driver as 56-year-old Susan Holloway. She hasn't been charged with a crime. Authorities say she slammed on her brakes to try avoiding the motorcycle.
St. Laurent was thrown from his bike and caught underneath Holloway's truck.
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma twister 3 min ago
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs