Colleagues mourn officer killed in Obama motorcade
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Fellow officers are paying their respects to a Florida police officer who was killed in an accident while working on President Barack Obama's motorcade.
A police cruiser was wrapped in bunting and colleagues created makeshift memorials Monday for Jupiter Police Officer Bruce St. Laurent.
He was killed Sunday when his motorcycle was struck from behind by a pickup truck while he was shutting down Interstate 95 ahead of the motorcade.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office identified the driver as 56-year-old Susan Holloway. She hasn't been charged with a crime. Authorities say she slammed on her brakes to try avoiding the motorcycle.
St. Laurent was thrown from his bike and caught underneath Holloway's truck.
- Car crash knocks doctor's office off its foundation 19 min ago
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos