Colleagues mourn officer killed in Obama motorcade
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Fellow officers are paying their respects to a Florida police officer who was killed in an accident while working on President Barack Obama's motorcade.
A police cruiser was wrapped in bunting and colleagues created makeshift memorials Monday for Jupiter Police Officer Bruce St. Laurent.
He was killed Sunday when his motorcycle was struck from behind by a pickup truck while he was shutting down Interstate 95 ahead of the motorcade.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office identified the driver as 56-year-old Susan Holloway. She hasn't been charged with a crime. Authorities say she slammed on her brakes to try avoiding the motorcycle.
St. Laurent was thrown from his bike and caught underneath Holloway's truck.
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher 35 min ago
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder 9 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos