Superstorm Sandy: Day of Giving
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Help will be on the way for victims of Superstorm Sandy from across the country.
The ABC stations and our parent company, The Walt Disney Company, are teaming up with the American Red Cross for a "Day Of Giving" to raise money for relief efforts.
As of 5:30 Monday morning, more than $2-million had been donated so far.
The devastation is beyond words and many organizations have come together to help the east coast rebuild. Today, The Walt Disney Company, the parent company of ABC30, is teaming up for a Day Of Giving to help those affected by this massive storm.
If you would like to help, you can text ABC to 90999 to give $10-dollars to the American Red Cross.
You can make a donation online at rdcrss.org/RxWfgo
You can also call the Red Cross directly at 1-800-HELP-NOW (800-435-7669).
Sandy could be one of the nation's costliest disasters ever, with an economic impact estimated to be as high as $50-billion.
disney, abc, abc30, red cross, charity, national/world, amanda venegas
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway 47 min ago
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...