Police: Former College Professor threatens to blow up Liberty Bell
PHILADELPHIA (KFSN) -- A former professor at Arizona State University is in custody tonight for threatening to blow up the iconic Liberty Bell.
Police say 41-year-old Carlos Balsas claimed to have explosives as he walked through the security check into the historic site of the bell in Philadelphia Saturday.
A bomb squad responded after two black backpacks were found nearby, but they did not find any explosive materials.
Balsas is facing multiple charges, including making terrorist threats and bomb threats.
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation 20 min ago
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home 59 min ago
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole