Sinkhole swallows a Florida man in his sleep
FLORIDA (KFSN) -- A massive rescue effort is underway this morning after a sinkhole swallowed a man while he slept.
Engineers are back at this Florida house where 37-year-old Jeff Bush vanished. The earth opened up and took bush and everything else in his bedroom.
Five other people were in the house but managed to escape unharmed.
Bush's brother jumped into the hole to try to help, but he had to be rescued himself by a sheriff's deputy.
The victim's brother Jeremy Bush said, "I didn't see any part of him when I went in there. All I seen was his bed. I told my father-in-law to grab a shovel so I could start digging. I started digging and started digging and the cop showed up and pulled me out of the hole and told me the floor was still falling in."
Engineers say they have to be extremely careful because the entire house is vulnerable.
Two nearby houses were evacuated and officials are considering even more evacuations.
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs 10 min ago
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos