Sinkhole swallows a Florida man in his sleep
FLORIDA (KFSN) -- A massive rescue effort is underway this morning after a sinkhole swallowed a man while he slept.
Engineers are back at this Florida house where 37-year-old Jeff Bush vanished. The earth opened up and took bush and everything else in his bedroom.
Five other people were in the house but managed to escape unharmed.
Bush's brother jumped into the hole to try to help, but he had to be rescued himself by a sheriff's deputy.
The victim's brother Jeremy Bush said, "I didn't see any part of him when I went in there. All I seen was his bed. I told my father-in-law to grab a shovel so I could start digging. I started digging and started digging and the cop showed up and pulled me out of the hole and told me the floor was still falling in."
Engineers say they have to be extremely careful because the entire house is vulnerable.
Two nearby houses were evacuated and officials are considering even more evacuations.
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos