Another newly discovered asteroid will pass Earth
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A football field-sized asteroid will have a close encounter with Earth Saturday.
Fortunately the asteroid, called 2013 ET, will pass Earth with about 600,000 miles to spare.
There is no threat to Earth, however, one unsettling fact is the asteroid was discovered only a few days ago.
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy