Oregon State Univ. integrates college beer courses
CORVALLIS, Ore. -- Oregon State University is offering beer courses that include in-class lessons at the campus brewery in Corvallis.
The Gazette-Times reports the classes are for professional and hobby brewers seeking to refine their technical skills.
The lead instructor is professor and fermentation scientist Tom Shellhammer, who designed the curricula after consulting with industry leaders.
The first course starts May 15 with two days of online instruction on microbiology to be completed by June 10. It will be followed by in-class lessons at OSU's brewery June 17-18 in Corvallis.
The second class focuses on beer analysis and also starts May 15. Students must complete online lessons by June 10. Then they can take on-campus instruction at OSU's brewery June 19-20.
The classes are each limited to 24 students.
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow