Oregon State Univ. integrates college beer courses
CORVALLIS, Ore. -- Oregon State University is offering beer courses that include in-class lessons at the campus brewery in Corvallis.
The Gazette-Times reports the classes are for professional and hobby brewers seeking to refine their technical skills.
The lead instructor is professor and fermentation scientist Tom Shellhammer, who designed the curricula after consulting with industry leaders.
The first course starts May 15 with two days of online instruction on microbiology to be completed by June 10. It will be followed by in-class lessons at OSU's brewery June 17-18 in Corvallis.
The second class focuses on beer analysis and also starts May 15. Students must complete online lessons by June 10. Then they can take on-campus instruction at OSU's brewery June 19-20.
The classes are each limited to 24 students.
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about